Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
The past few months have brought wave after wave of news about real estate deals involving developers, their lobbyists, political contributions, and the de Blasio administration. Sometimes, the little guy wins, but too often business as usual prevails.... Here is just...read more
PROTECTED! On Tuesday, August 8th, the LPC designated the Rose Main Reading Room, and the Catalog Room, now known as the Bill Blass Public Catalog Room on the third floor of the Beaux-Arts Individual Landmark New York Public Library. Read more coverage of this...read more