Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
After days of rain, the sun broke through last Sunday, creating perfect conditions for a Landmark West! tour of the far Westside. Guide Gil Tauber, loaded with historic tales and tidbits, took a capacity crowd along parts of the West End Avenue and Riverside Drive...read more
New Republic: “For New York developers, blatant deception isn’t just good for business—it’s completely legal”
The April 2017 issue of the New Republic focuses on the U.S. President in a collection of articles, including "Why Lying Is So Easy for Trump": Kate Wood, president of the preservation advocacy group Landmark West, says New York developers sometimes destroy...read more