Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
LANDMARK WEST! Executive Director was featured in an article in CRAINS NY (linked) alongside colleague Rachel Levy from FRIENDS of the Upper East Side Historic Districts. Since both neighborhoods have similar zoning districts, they are both experiencing some of the...read more
2018 ended in a flurry, and LANDMARK WEST! met the deadline to file a Board of Standards and Appeals (BSA) challenge against 36 West 66th Street (the tower replacing the Jewish Guild for the Blind and Congregation Habonim's synagogue). 2019 begins with the...read more