Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
As noted by many neighbors, it got a lot more difficult to park on the block recently. Due to construction staging on 66th Street, ABC's press parking was relocated to the 67th street side of their recently sold campus, joining their many curb cuts for loading docks...read more
This past Sunday, the New York Post's exclusive cover story, "City Hall finally discloses lobbyist meetings -- and the results are eye-opening" touches upon some of the 136 meetings that the Mayor's nearest and dearest held with lobbyists during a three month window...read more