Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
The Belvedere "Castle" (actually a Victorian Folly) is set to reopen after a lengthy renovation. Its current incarnation, still capping Vista Rock is the closest it has been to the Calvert Vaux, Frederick Law Olmstead and Jacob Wrey Mould version first envisioned in...read more
The LANDMARKS PRESERVATION COMMISSION designated 137 West 71st Street as an Individual Landmark Today! Already a landmark within the Upper West Side/Central Park West Historic District, this former row house, originally built in 1890, now has increased protections...read more