Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
More work and less resources--so continues the saga of the LPC's funding history. At public hearing of the City Council's Land Use Committee, LPC leadership presented a preliminary budget for FY 2012. The jist: with less staff and insufficient funds ... we'll figure...read more
West End Avenue, between 79th and 87th Streets, considered in the first of three public hearing Tell your neighbors! Tell your friends! In less than two weeks, we tell the LPC!On Tuesday, March 22nd, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) will hold the first of...read more