Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
West 66th Street Appeal: How We Will Beat the Voids Long, long ago, in a land (not so) far, far away... In January of 2015 LW! began monitoring the development at 50 West 66th St. and challenging the loopholes that resulted in its design. This was never a fight about...
By Claudie Benjamin Architect Thomas Vail grew up on a dairy farm in Westchester, NY, where his family had lived for eight generations. Now largely partitioned, it is now known as Vail's Grove on Peach Lake. In high school, while working in a local engineer’s office,...