Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
Helen Rosenthal at BSA: “I’m asking the BSA to…take a stand for our community and the zoning guidelines established to protect it.”
Council Member Helen Rosenthal gave testimony before the BSA on August 7 in support of Landmark West! and the community's appeal against the permits for the 50 W. 66th Street proposed development. Her 8/8/2019 e-newsletter highlighted her position (emphasis added): "I...
On Tuesday, August 6th neighbors, friends, electeds and lawyers from across the Upper West Side gathered on all too familiar ground--the Board of Standards and Appeals (BSA). The goal? To decipher whether or not 36 West 66th Street (aka 50 West 66th Street) complies...