Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
Our fight against supertall towers continues making headlines! LANDMARK WEST! board chair Page Cowley, FAIA and her fellow Community Board 7 member, Peter Samton, FAIA penned an Op-Ed for ARCHITECTURAL RECORD. Living Tall, Too Tall (linked above) outlines what makes...read more
Attached HERE is a letter from City Planning--including information on their proposal to address excessive mechanical voids in Residential Buildings. This has been a long time in the making and it appears as though relief is in sight. Developers will still be...read more