Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
by Claudie Benjamin Donna Schofield, owner of Stationery & Toy World first met Gary Rowe when he was sent over by an employment agency that specializes in referrals of young people who have gotten into trouble and then completed rehab programs. "I tell the guys...
By Claudie Benjamin “Even old ladies don’t want to wear old lady shoes” quips Lester Wasserman a co-owner with his father and sister of Tip Top Shoes at 155 West 72nd Street. The store was purchased from the original owners over 50 years ago, and has been in business...