The number of full-time staffers at LW! can be counted on one hand (seriously, there are three of us, plus our full-time President, Arlene Simon!). And so every year, this quartet looks forward to the summer months, when we welcome an energetic team of student interns. Their ages range (from high school juniors to 2nd-year graduate students), but their desire to learn about the ins and outs of preservation advocacy via the LW! model is shared among them!
Throughout the summer, LW! will introduce each of our student interns. Then, track our blog for regular guest posts by each intern. Meet the folks behind the organization, and get to know LW! through fresh eyes! The Summer 2012 intern roster is:
- Jason Crowley, 2nd year graduate student in the Historic Preservation Master’s Program at Columbia University;
- Jonathan Ortiz, our first summer intern from the “I Have a Dream” Foundation (though we met Jonathan last year when his summer program group, the De Hostos-Wise Dreamers, worked with LW’s Dir. of Education, Debi Germann);
- Jahmauny Monds, from the innovative Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design (that’s the same alma mater as Ingrid, our energetic intern from 2011)
And of course you remember:
- Kate Gilmore, 3rd year graduate student in the dual degree Urban Planning and Historic Preservation programs at Columbia University;
- Zack Bunin, a junior at the University of Rochester, joining us for his third consecutive summer (time flies!)
Enjoy their posts, all summer long!