Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
By Claudie Benjamin When Jonah [72nd Street] Phillips, owner with his father Alan of Pastrami Queen at 138 W. 72nd, starts talking about traditional Jewish Kosher Deli foods, he turns theatrical, using the inflection of immigrants who spoke Yiddish and settled in the...
In "Revisiting the History of the West 67th Street Artists' Colony" journalist Abigail Gruskin reports on one of our recent events--a talk by Columbia Professor Andrew Scott Dolkart, who is also a board member of LANDMARK WEST! Yes, she covers the talk, its substance...