Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
The Fate of the 9th Avenue Elevated Train Cars? LW! History Snippet by Claudie Benjamin The 9th Avenue Elevated train line, known as the "el", had its inaugural downtown run in 1871. By 1879 it ran all the way up to 104th Street, a large-scale urban project devised...
On a given day, LANDMARK WEST! is on the front line, leaning on City Agencies to follow the written laws -- intentions of the zoning resolution, public trust doctrine, landmarks law, etc. Today, for the first time in LW's 35-year history, we find ourselves in...