Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
By Claudie Benjamin “If you come in asking for a pink hammer, it’s likely that two more people will come in asking for pink hammers,” says BasicsPlus Store Manager Rafael Villar. He explains the hardware store’s commitment to flexibility and to being in sync...
By Claudie Benjamin Richard Krasilovsky, the owner of Empire Safe Company, Inc., earned a Master's Degree from Antioch New England graduate center in Keene, NH, (1975-1977) focusing on environmental sciences with an emphasis on education. Rather than continuing his...