Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
By Claudie Benjamin Fischer Bros. & Leslie Kosher Butcher & Poultry at 230 West 72nd Street has seen the ups and downs of the Upper West Side. It has also stayed strong over the 72 years since it was opened 1949 by Morris and Louis Fischer. Leslie (Lutzi)...
By Claudie Benjamin There are certainly many eyeglass shops on the Upper West Side. But the designs at Anne et Valentin are in a class of their own. Mathilde Brecy is the manager of the store at 248 Columbus Avenue that opened in March 2016. Started about 40 years...