Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
By Claudie Benjamin Pioneer Supermarket at 289 Columbus Avenue goes way back. And, Steve Vasilikos, a long-time partner of Lenny Franzblau the original owner, has been managing the store for 53 of the businesses’ 70+ years. Steve’s father immigrated to the US from...
By Claudie Benjamin The Goodwill store that opened at 157 W. 72nd Street in 2013 highlights a curated concept first piloted at an earlier Goodwill shop at 217 West 79th Street. The curated look? Mostly gone is the old-time jumble, catch as catch can style thrift...