Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
LW! has been hard at work. Read on for news about Yesterday, Today, Thursday, and the future of the Upper West Side! LAND USE YESTERDAY: LW! filed a new appeal against 50 West 66th St. De ja vu? When LW! filed a challenge with the Board of Standards and Appeals in...read more
137 West 71st Street has been protected since 1990 as a building within the Upper West Side/Central Park West Historic District. On Tuesday, May 14th, the Landmarks Preservation Commission calendared the site along with The Cafe Cino (31 Cornelia Street), the Gay...read more