Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
by Claudie Benjamin Upper West Side illustrator Nancy Stahl has designed about 30 US Postage Stamps. Her depiction of a Snowy Egret, a first class stamp that sold 8 billion, was among the all-time best selling issues of the USPS. Just out is her stamp celebrating the...
By Claudie Benjamin It's hard to imagine anyone more engaging and informed than Robert Arthur King, FIAA, Architect, on the subject of the stone carvings that ornament the facades of Upper West Side brownstones built between 1870-1930. Actually, King's expertise and...