Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
In a happy occurrence, the Courts have chosen to uphold the law and directed the New York City Board of Standards and Appeals to essentially "fix it". Previously, the BSA has upheld the prepared findings it stated at the onset of their initial hearing on 200...read more
READ THE FULL ARTICLE IN CRAIN’S NEW YORK BUSINESS: “Court Deals Blow to Controversial Upper West Side Tower” Excerpts below from March 14, 2019 article by Daniel Geiger [pdf-embedder...read more