Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
At yesterday’s Landmarks Preservation Commission meeting, the vigilance of LANDMARK WEST! and our fellow preservation advocates paid off! An applicant was seeking a Certificate of Appropriateness for 100 West 72nd Street, a McKim, Mead and White beauty on...read more
(revised) It is with great excitement that LANDMARK WEST! can report that the Landmarks Preservation Commission voted unanimously to designate the IRT Powerhouse, McKim Mead and White's 1904 city-beautiful Beaux-Arts style edifice on Eleventh Avenue between West 58th...read more