Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
The City Council Speaker has proposed PLANNING TOGETHER: A COMPREHENSIVE FRAMEWORK FOR NEW YORK CITY (linked). Formally Intro 2186, this legislation proposes a requirement for the City of New York to undertake periodic, comprehensive planning for all areas of...
Year 6, and LW! continues the MARCH for you. On December 7th, 2020 LANDMARK WEST! filed our Article 78 asking the NY State Supreme Court to review the BSA's 2-2 tie decision to allow HUGE mechanical void floors to jack up the height of the proposed building at 50 W....