Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
Considering the rarity of the Department of Building Revoking Permits, and in this case, even more so after they've denied a DOB Challenge where they re-checked their work, there has been some media buzz. Check back here for updates. THE REAL DEAL Wednesday’s...read more
With many thanks to our A-Team of Attorneys: John Low-Beer, Chuck Weinstock and Zoning Expert George Janes, and YOU, our UWS Neighbors, the Department of Buildings has issued an Intent to Revoke Approval against their prior approval to amend the development at 36 West...read more