Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
Last week, LANDMARK WEST! co-sponsored a celebration of the 40th anniversary of Penn Central v. City of New York -- the U.S. Supreme Court case that helped protect Grand Central Terminal -- and upheld New York City’s (at the time recently minted) Landmarks Law as...read more
Last night's town hall meeting saw the community pushing Mayor Bill de Blasio on some issues close to our hearts--the impending rise of the supertall CENTRAL dARK Tower. Below is the press release from our neighbors, which shows de Blasio administration members giving...read more