Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
LANDMARK WEST!'s fight against supertall towers is making headlines. The Department of Buildings Notice Intent to Revoke of their prior approval to amend the West 66th Street development is giving the developer, and the media lots to CHEW on. The developer is in...
The West Side Spirit's Emily Higginbotham weighs in on the City's notice to revoke permits for 36 West 66th Street. Acknowledging that this is just "one of the latest Manhattan projects to face opposition from land-use advocates and local residents" she delves into...