Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
In conjunction with filing the Zoning Challenge against 36 West 66th Street, LANDMARK WEST! issued an automated letter (AVAILABLE HERE) titled "215' of Nothing is NOT Okay!" The automated email was prepared to ease communication between concerned residents and their...read more
Will Mom and Pop Shops Finally Get Some Protection? Monday 1pm Public Hearing on Small Business Jobs Survival Act
For the first time since 2009, the City Council Committee on Small Business will hold a public hearing on the Small Business Jobs Survival Act (SBJSA). The Bill (Intro. 737-A) is similar to one first proposed in 1986 by then-Council Member Ruth Messinger of the Upper...read more