Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
While many were hitting the beach to beat the heat last week, LW! had an eventful 3 1/2 hour hearing at the Board of Standards and Appeals regarding 36 West 66th Street (aka 50 West 66th Street) and how it does (but mainly, how it does not) comply with Zoning. You...
LW! Executive Director Sean Khorsandi is interviewed about developers' attempts to take advantage of zoning loopholes to build a Supertall tower at 50 W. 66th Street. Fox5 caught up with Sean outside the Board of Stand and Appeals during LW's hearing last week: