Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
Thankfully, there are no known reported injuries as of yet, but an excavator flipped over at the construction hole at 36 West 66th Street leading to a partial stop work order for the site. While this accident was within the site, it will just be a matter of months...read more
The Mayor's Press office have issued the following press release about the appointment of Sarah Carroll as the new Chair of the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Read the full release HERE, or copied below: Mayor de Blasio Appoints Sarah Carroll as New Chair of the...read more