Volunteer for LW!
Volunteers are the backbone of LW! We could not accomplish everything that we do without you. Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about your interests, skills, and availability.
Volunteer your Time
- Help out at LW! events… and get in for free!
- Assist with mailings
- Help out around the office
- Present testimony at public hearings
- Provide information to people during street fairs
- Report unauthorized work on landmark buildings near your UWS home or office (in other words… be a preservation watchdog!)
Volunteer your Expertise
Offer pro-bono professional services in your field of expertise, such as:
- Architecture and planning (consider joining our design review committee)
- Graphic design or printing
- Web design and maintenance
- Legal assistance
- Writing (articles for newsletters, blog, and other publications)
- Youth education (curriculum development, program evaluation)
Volunteer your Goods & Services!
- Provide food and/or beverages for LW! events
- Host a LW! event at your home or office
- Set up meetings where LW! can present our mission and programs to your building’s board, tenants association, block association, or other neighborhood affiliations
Connect with LW!
From New York Magazine's "The Approval Matrix: Week of February 4, 2019" : "So it's perfectly legal right now for developers to put 160-feet tall "mechanical voids" in their buildings to give apartments higher priced views?" Wethinks they're looking at you, 50 W....read more
GOTHAMIST picks up where it left off last week in its expose on the City Planning Commission's Zoning Text Amendment. Journalist Elizabeth Kim notes that although this language may impact the design of 36 West 66th Street, to revise "the design of a 160-foot tall...read more